IMPORTANT: All warranty/service/shipping damage inquiries must go through here.
For complete terms and conditions, please review this page.
Commercial use of items intended for home use voids warranty with NO exceptions.
Please note: Before shipment most or all espresso machines and grinders are removed from packaging and tested. This is done to ensure that they arrived without damage from overseas shipment and to add to or modify packaging for shipment. Many machines are also bench tested. Grinders may have some residue from testing upon arrival. Signs of opened packaging or grinds does not mean the product was returned or used by another customer.
Most Common Causes of Problems
Movement during shipping – No matter how well products are packaged, they sometimes get jostled around during shipment, causing components within the machine, such as electrical connectors to move around. In most cases, the solution is easy to fix with tech support and is not considered a defect.
> Incorrect grinder settings and tamping technique - Watch this video on proper tamping technique and grind size adjustment. Many perceived machine defects are solved with learning proper technique. Espresso making is an art that has to be learned and takes practice.
> Use of hard or distilled water - Always use soft water that is less than 50 ppms or 3 grains of hardness. Also use water that is more than 0 ppm or 0 grains. Do not use tap water, hard water, distilled water or ultrapure reverse osmosis water. Using anything but soft water will damage the machine and will void warranty with no exceptions. Signs of water damage are very obvious during maintenance repairs.
> Incorrect milk frothing techniques - Watch this video on proper milk frothing techniques. It takes practice to perfect your technique. When perceived defects relating to steaming are solved by learning proper technique.
> Lack of machine maintenance - Backflush your machine every ten espressos with water and every 40 espressos with detergent. Failing to do so can cause catastrophic damage to the machine. Signs of failure to follow these guidelines will void warranty with no exceptions. Please follow all maintenance instructions carefully.
> Incorrect initial set up - Follow first time use instruction carefully, especially around purging air from the system and filling the machine with water. Incorrect setup can damage the machine or cause inconvenient issues, such as causing overheating protection devices to reset the machine. When a machine that has an overload protection reset is not considered a defect as it’s a safety feature designed to protect the product from damage.
Please Note: Most of our products are hand made artisan products. They are not mass produced in great quantities automated machinery. This means that the products may have some variances and may not appear 100% like they do in photos or videos and may have minor "blemishes" to the finish. Every retailer of these products will have products with the same variations. These variations do not count as reasons for warranty support.
Warranty: Please see individual product pages for warranty lengths for each product or contact us for specifics. Warranty is one year unless otherwise noted. Warranty is provided through the manufacturer, dealer or distributor, depending on the brand. When you have a warranty related issue, please contact us and we'll make the appropriate arrangements. Warranty for home machines is parts and labor limited to manufacturer's defects unless otherwise noted. Warranty for machines used for commercial purposes (all machines listed here https://www.espressooutlet.net/commercial-machines/) is parts only limited to manufacturer's defects - this means that labor to make the repair is NOT covered under commercial warranty unless a labor warranty is purchased or provided. Warranty period starts at FOB shipping point - meaning the buyer takes ownership once the product leaves our shipping location.
Exclusions to limited warranty applicable to products as noted. The following exclusions, which are not limited to, include and apply to the product during the warranty period:
1. Expendable items and items whose damage occurs as a result of failure to follow instructions that come with the product,
2. (IMPORTANT) Problems related to water damage, poor water quality, and scaling. Use water above 0 ppm, but less than 50 ppm and follow manufacturer manual directions when ever possible regarding descaling and proper water hardness.
3. Products for which the applicable serial number has been removed or altered,
4. Any product that has been damaged or rendered defective as a result of accident, abuse, misuse, lack of reasonable and necessary maintenance/cleaning, neglect, faulty installation, mishandling, damage during shipment for warranty repairs, line power surge or any external causes,
5. Operation of product outside the parameters stated in the user documentation that shipped with product,
6. Usage of parts not manufactured by original manufacturer,
7. Modification or service by anyone other than our authorized distributor or an authorized warranty provider,
8. Any acts of God, such as, but not limited to, lightening, flood, or fire,
9. The cost of installations or routine maintenance items, such as gaskets, o-rings, grinding burrs, and other normal wear and tear items,
10. Usage of product intended for home use (all machines listed here: https://www.espressooutlet.net/home-espresso-machines/) in a commercial environment/setting/purpose,
11. Warranty period is not transferable,
12. Shipping costs to ship product back to authorized warranty center provided,
13. On-site labor, or labor at any location not previously authorized, and/or expedited shipping cost of parts to customer for self-repair.
14. Products shipped or brought outside the United States of America
15, Cosmetic defects (added 09/15/2011)
IMPORTANT: We will not accept returns, shipments relating to warranty, or exchanges that do not have original packaging. A machine or grinder that is shipped without original packaging is almost certainly going to be destroyed during transportation. It is also a good idea to keep packaging in case of warranty issues or future maintenance/repairs. The original packaging is specifically engineered to reduce the possibility of shipping damage.
For most of the manufacturers, warranty will begin from the date of purchase. This warranty does not apply to any equipment that, in the manufacturers/distributors judgment, has been affected by misuse, neglect, alteration, improper installation or operation, improper maintenance or repair, damage or casualty.