*Height without cup rail and with short setting on adjustable feet is less than 14 inches. Great for low cabinet areas.
- **New stainless steel cup guard
- **New redesigned adjustable feet
- **New PID temperature controller replaces the pressure stat
- **New steam and hot water knobs
- Redesigned internal layout
- Black boiler and group pressure gauges
- Free metal tamper
- E-61 commercial group with automatic pre-infusion
- Finely crafted 304 stainless steel case
- Non-compression hot water and steam valves
- No-Burn stainless steel hot water and steam wands
- Two hole steam tip
- Easy access to water tank
- Removable cup guard
- Nickel plated insulated 1.8 liter copper boiler
- Resettable high limit
- Sirai pressure stat
- Control board
- Rotary pump and motor
- Large 2.9 water reservoir
- Low water sensor
- Water source control switch, from direct plumb to water tank
The Rocket Espresso Giotto Evoluzione R is a beautiful, hand-crafted masterpiece built by Italian espresso machine artisans ensuring that your machine will always be one of a kind. The first semi-automatic Evoluzione was already feature packed, but the extremely popular version 2 has been taken even further with a redesigned internal layout and enhanced features including a versatile water system with direct waterline connection, a quieter rotary pump, a legendary E-61 brew group head, black dual gauges that provide pressure readings for the steam and brew, and a heat-exchanging 1.8 liter insulated copper boiler.
FINELY CRAFTED STAINLESS STEEL FINISH
The Giotto Evoluzione is an elegant addition to any kitchen, its high quality 304 stainless steel casing which has been buffed to a high luster will harmonize nicely with other stainless steel appliances and bring your kitchen to the next level of sophistication. The unique body shape of the Giotto is the distinguishing factor from the Cellini Evoluzione R.
LARGE WATER RESERVOIR WITH PLUMBING CAPABILITY
One of the most well-liked components on this machine is the versatile water supply – it comes with a water reservoir, but can also be directly plumbed. This allows users who have a direct water supply connection to have a continuous water source to make espresso after espresso without the need to refill the tank. For users who don’t have a direct water line connection available, the large 2.9 liter reservoir is more than ample. A switch located behind the water tank allows users to select the water tank or direct plumb. The water tank is easily accessible from the top of the machine and is fully removable. The reservoir has a dedicated lid meaning users will not have to take their cups off of the cup warmer to empty and refill the water tank. Many an espresso machine has been unfortunately damaged by running the machine on an empty tank, Giotto has prevented this possibility by programming the green light on the to blink when the level of water in the tank is low and needs refilling. If not refilled in time, a microprocessor driven low water sensor will power down the machine to prevent damage.
NO-BURN STAINLESS STEEL STEAM AND HOT WATER WANDS
The Giotto Evoluzione comes equipped with both a stainless steel steam wand and a hot water wand. Both have been internally insulated with special material to allow users to touch the wand during activity without getting burnt. The insulation also helps to prevent milk from drying and burning on the outside of the wand. Both wands are controlled with a release of the non-compression valves and are able to pivot in multiple directions. The steam wand has a 2-hole tip
LEGENDARY E-61 BREWHEAD WITH EXCEPTIONAL THERMO-SIPHON SYSTEM FOR ULTIMATE TEMPERATURE STABILITY
Created to brew only world-class coffee, Rocket has equipped the Evoluzione with a legendary E-61 brewhead serviced by a proven thermos-siphon system that circulates more water in between the boiler and grouphead to maintain the ultimate temperature stability. It has been shown to have a 20% higher volume than comparable machines! The grouphead is specially constructed of chrome-plated marine brass and is a hefty 9 pounds to retain as much heat as possible.
DUAL PREINFUSION SYSTEM FOR OPTIMAL EXTRACTION
Pre-infusion is the process by which the coffee disc is pre-moistened with hot water to ensure more consistency in the extracted brew. The Evoluzione has a unique dual system that has a progressively working piston and a static pre-infusion chamber to achieve a superior aroma and rich crema.
HEAT-EXCHANGING INSULATED COPPER BOILER
One of the features that makes this unit desirable among prosumers is the large 1.8 L copper heat-exchanging boiler with a lead-free, heavy brass end plate. The boiler is nickel plated to reduce oxidation. Heat exchanging machines allows users to brew and steam simultaneously, saving time! The copper boiler is insulated to improve the energy efficiency and temperature stability. The insulation provides about 30 percent greater temperature and can significantly reduce energy consumption.
ROTARY PUMP AND MOTOR FOR QUIET OPERATION
Rotary pumps are much quieter than typical vibratory pumps found on most espresso machines. The high quality pump also has a unique feature that is designed to reduce back pressure caused by the boiler. This feature prevents blocking, providing a better user experience and increasing the durability of the machine components.
DESIGNATED BOILER PRESSURE GAUGE AND PUMP PRESSURE GAUGE
A very convenient feature on this unit is the separation of the gauges to allow users easier visualization of the boiler pressure and pump pressure. The boiler pressure gauge can be used to monitor steam pressure, if it is too low it will cause poor steam and if it is too high it could activate the overpressure valve to release. The gauge is marked from 0 to 3 bar, boiler pressure should be around 1 bar. The pump pressure gauge is labeled from 0 to 16 bar and needs to monitored during the extraction (the readings at all other times will be inaccurate). The numbers from the pump pressure gauge will allow users to monitor for necessary pump adjustments. Rocket has redesigned the gauges and they are now black, adding an extra dose of class to the appearance.
- One singe portafilter
- One single filter basket
- One double portafilter
- One double filter basket
- Stainless steel backflush disc
- Group cleaning brush
- Coffee scoop
- Metal tamper
- Braided water line
- Informative DVD that explains how to make great espresso
- International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) – CB Test Certificate
- Boiler Capacity: 1.8L (61oz)
- Boiler element: 1200W
- Certified commercial safety valve
- Dimensions: 15.4”H x 13”W x 16.7”D
- Weight: 27.8 kg (61.4lbs)
- Amps/Volts: 15 Amps / 110 Volts
- Body: All stainless steel (AISI 304)
- Brewgroup: Commercial, weight 4.05 kg (9 lb)
- Water reservoir: 2.9L (98oz)
- Origin: Italy
Video: Comparison Between Rocket Appartamento and Rocket Evoluzione R
Watch this video from our supplier Chris Coffee for an overview of the machine. The video is about version 1, but most of the video is still valid for version 2.
- Best Use:
- Small Restaurant \ Office \ Home
- EE \ Semi-Automatic
- Nickel plated insulated copper boiler (1.8 liter)
- Cup Size:
- Traditional Cup
- 1 Group
- Output Capacity:
- 20 Espressos Per Hour
- PID Temperature Controller:
- Plumbing / Tank:
- Large water reservoir (2.9 liter)
- Rotary pump and motor
- Boiler and group pressure gauges. Low water sensor.
- Drain Tray:
- Stainless steel, holds 16 ounces of water
- Hot Water Spigot:
- 1 Stainless steel no burn hot water spigot
- Steam Arms:
- 1 Stainless steel no burn steam arm with two hole steam tip
- Amps / Volts:
- 15 Amps \ 110 Volts
- 1200 watt heater
- Stainless steel
- New insulated Boiler. New redesigned internal layout. New Black Gauges. E61 commercial group with automatic pre-infusion. Finely crafted 304 stainless steel case. Non-compression hot water and steam valves. Easy access water tank. Removable cup guard
- Two complete 58 mm portafilters (one single and one double). Free Metal Tamper. Four .9 mm hole steam tip also included. Stainless steel backflush disk. Informative DVD that explains how to make great espresso.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I have a hard time thinking of how this could be better! This Rocket makes me feel like a champion barista and despite the not-insignificant barrier to entry, so far it's worth every penny.