Custom Single Serve Coffee Pods - A New Source of Income for Your Coffee Business
According to a National Coffee Association study, 79% of people who drank coffee within the past day brewed their coffee at home as opposed to buying it at a coffee shop. Since nearly half of these homebrewers have single cup machines like Keurigs®, we believe that most independent coffee shops are missing out on a great opportunity to sell their coffee to these consumers.
We have found that most coffee shops don't sell single serve coffee pods, such as K-cups for Keurig® brewers due to high production costs. Since we are passionate about helping coffee businesses expand and become more versatile, we have come up with a new program that allows you to easily customize your own single serve coffee pods.
Considering that bagged coffee accounts for approximately 4 to 8% of an average coffee shops total revenue, we believe, if properly marketed, boxes of single-serve pods could produce another 4 to 8% of revenue. With a large number of businesses providing single-serve cup brewers for their employees, we would like to see these establishments purchase YOUR single-serve cups for their offices. We strongly believe that this could be a great opportunity for your shop to create a new source of revenue and expand your business.
So, how does our program work?
- You can choose your own beans or ours.
Our beans are roasted in micro-lots by expert roasters with PID temperature controlled roasting equipment, otherwise we can also work directly with your roaster.
- Our pods are then nitrogen-flushed, sealed for freshness, and impermeable to oxygen, moisture, and light.
After the coffee is ground, it is immediately packed into single serve pods to prevent flavor loss from oxidation. Our pods are then dual heat sealed to ensure an airtight bond. Prior to sealing, nitrogen is applied to prevent oxidation.
- A more environmentally friendly single-serve option
Most pods on the market today are made from difficult to recycle #7 plastic. In contrast, our cups are made from #5 recyclable, single layer polypropylene. This allows your customers to easily recycle the many pods they will use.
- Customize your packaging
We will put your logo on your single-serve cups and boxes.
Our cups work with the all major single-serving brewers including the difficult to accommodate Keurig 2.0.
Put simply, you choose your coffee, design your labeling and then we take care of the rest!
Example of a private labeled box design:
If you would like to receive a free sample box please contact us with your mailing address, and we will send one your way!
Please contact us if you have any questions, comments or ideas regarding our new single-serve program, we would love to hear from you!
Photo of our in house packing machine.
Single Serve Trends
Per U.S. National Coffee Association‘s National Coffee Drinking Trends (NCDT) report.
- Single-cup brewing continues to grow exponentially in 2017. New data shows that nearly one-third of American households (33%) now own a single-cup brewer, up from 29% in 2016. That means since 2012, ownership has grown nearly five-fold.
- Additionally, 13-to-18-year olds reported that single-cup ownership in their households jumped from 23% to 31% over the past two years.
- Purchase intent also increased -- those who would "definitely or probably buy" a single-cup brewer jumped to 17% in 2017, up from 10% in 2016. Similarly, definite or probable gifting intent jumped by 5 percentage points over last year.
- 63 percent of respondents said they own a drip coffee machine, with past-day usage at 45 percent
- 41 percent of respondents said they own a single-cup machine. (The NCA says methodological changes prevent comparisons in ownership and usage of single-cup brewers with last year.)
- The NCA added “bean to cup” brewers as an option in 2018, with 6 percent reported using one for past-day brewing.