The Mazzer Major is an extremely popular and well-respected grinder that is the grinder of choice for many coffee shops around the globe. This grinder was designed and produced by Mazzer, an Italian manufacturer that is known to create the top grinders on the market today. The Mazzer Major is the perfect choice for the medium-high volume commercial environment that does not quite have enough high-volume demands that would require the most powerful models such as the Kony or the Robur.
EYE-CATCHING, PROFESSIONAL DESIGN
The sturdy aluminum housing with stainless steel exterior provides this grinder with an appearance of both grandeur and reliability. Looks fabulous next to any high-end espresso machine.
STEPLESS MICRO-METRICAL ADJUSTMENT
As with all of the Mazzer models, the Mazzer Major has a fully adjustable stepless grind system allowing the user to make infinite tweaks to grind size to create a large variety of consistencies. The user simply twists the adjustment collar either left or right to make the grind finer or coarser.
CONSISTENT DOSING BY TIMER
One of the primary differences between this grinder and its sibling the Mazzer Major with Electronic Dosing is this grinder’s timer feature. Instead of programming the time of the dose through an electronic display, adjustments are made by turning the timer conveniently located on the side of the grinder.
GENEROUSLY SIZED DOSING CHAMBER
The presence of dosing chamber is another area of differentiation between the Mazzer Major Grinder with Electronic Dosing. The dosing chamber is a feature that is ideal in a high-volume environment where the baristas are not as concerned with some wastage of the grinds between pulls and more concerned with having a reservoir of grounds already pre-ground for quicker turn-over. The Major’s dosing chamber holds anywhere from 200-300 grams of grinds. The user can dispense the dose from the chamber directly into the portafilter with the pull of the lever. One pull releases a single shot, two pulls equals a double shot and so on. This grinder can dispense doses that are adjustable from 5.5-8 grams.
COMMERCIAL GRADE STEEL FLAT GRINDING BURRS
Crushing the beans with consistency and speed are the Major’s high-quality, large 83 mm steel flat grinding burrs. The grinding burrs rotate at 1600 RPM.
LARGE CAPACITY BEAN HOPPER
This unit is equipped with a large 4 lb. capacity bean hopper constructed of heavy-duty clear plastic. The large capacity hopper is absolutely essential for efficiency in the high-volume environment to reduce the frequent need for bean refills.
INTERNAL COOLING SYSTEM
This machine is equipped with an internal cooling and ventilation system. With the high-volume demands made on this type of a grinder, an important feature to look for is the presence of a cooling unit to prevent overheating of the motor. Not only can overheating lead to a damaged motor, it can also burn the final roast, leaving the customer with a bad taste.
- Measurements: 25" H x 8.25" W x 11.5" D (63.5 cm H x 21.2 cm W x 29.2 cm D).
- Weight: 44 pounds (20 kilograms).
- Power: 650 watts.
- Grinding blades length: 3.25" (8.3mm).
- Grinding blade speed: 1600 g/min (60 Hz).
- Doser capacity: 0.8 pounds (360 grams).
- Bean hopper capacity: 4 pounds (1.8 kilograms).
- Dose adjustment: 0.19-0.28 pounds (5.5-8 grams).
- Made in Venice, Italy.
- ETL Certified: Effective July 17, 2007, all of our Mazzer grinders have an ETL certification. ETL certification insures that a manufacturer is utilizing quality components for product safety, and ongoing inspections and site visits by ETL insure that manufacturers do not deviate from those standards of product safety. Ultimately, this insures you that internal components are not changed (usually cost cutting) without the approval of ETL.
- We have confirmed that Mazzer tests EVERY grinder with coffee beans before it leaves their facility, but they are not always able to get every trace of coffee out of the grinders after testing. As a result, you may find coffee beans or grinds inside your grinder, or there may be grinds in the packaging when you unwrap it.
- When replacing Mazzer burrs, NEVER use a flathead screwdriver and hammer to wedge under the burrs for removal. This could badly damage your machine.
- 1st-line Equipment, LLC is an importer for Mazzer espresso coffee grinders. If you are interested in distributing/reselling Mazzer products in North America, please contact us.
- As with all coffee grinders, it is very important to only change grind settings on Mazzer coffee grinders when the unit is powered 'on' and the burrs are in motion. If you do not do this, the burrs will 'gunk' up and require cleaning by you every time this occurs. Changing the grind settings when the burrs are not in motion will render the grinder to only produce very coarse grinds or no grinds at all. If this result occurs, this will be considered operator error for lack of following directions, and not be classified as a defective grinder. Mazzer grinders are considered commercial equipment for grinding coffee only and can not be returned once used.