- Conical grinding blades and slow speed rotation, suitable for bars with medium consumption needs and recommended to grind delicate blends.
- Stepless micrometrical grinding adjustment.
- On demand grinding.
- Electronic dose adjustment. Single and double dose with independent adjustment.
- Digital display with shot counter.
- Ventilation device with electronic control to keep cool the motor.
- Hand tamper and support for tamping are included.
- Available in single phase version only
Mazzer, an Italian grinder manufacturer celebrated around the world for producing the best grinders found in the most distinguished coffee houses, has delivered yet another standard-setting grinder to their collection. Similar to its sibling the Mazzer Robur, this unit comes equipped with many of the same indispensable features such as electronic programmable dosing, grinding on demand, conical burrs with a cooling system and stepless grind adjustment. The Robur is built to perform in a high-volume commercial environments, whereas the Kony has been designed with smaller burrs, less wattage and reduced bean hopper capacity to suit the needs of a medium commercial environment.
ELECTRONIC PROGRAMMABLE DOSING
As with the Robur, this unit doses shots based on time. Dosing is fully programmable to 20ths of a second through the use of the digital display with push button controls located on the top of the dosing chamber. The user can program single or double shots or bypass the dosing with the manual on-demand button. The electronic display also includes a shot counter.
GRINDING ON DEMAND
Dispensing a clean, consistent shot could not be easier with this grinder. After programming the dose, the user has only to simply place the portafilter into the holder and depress either the single or double shot to instantly deliver a dose. Grinds will be deposited directly into the basket with minimal wastage.
CONICAL BURRS WITH VENTILATION SYSTEM
This grinder is armed with heavy-duty 63mm conical burrs. The coveted Mazzer conical burrs are paired with a motor that turns blades at incredibly low speed of 500RPM. This intricately designed system is crucial because the conical design allows the grinder to evenly and quickly slice the beans while minimizing heat accumulation and thus preserving a pure, unadulterated bean flavor. As if this weren’t enough, Mazzer has taken extra precautions and has also included a ventilation system/cooling fan to further reduce the heat produced from the 350 watt motor.
STEPLESS MICRO-METRICAL GRIND ADJUSTMENT
The stepless micro-metrical grind system allows users to make infinite tweaks to grind size. This unit is capable of producing grinds of all consistencies.
- Measurements (including tray): 25.5" H x 9.5" W x 16.125" D (65 cm H x 24 cm W x 42 cm D).
- Weight: 44 pounds (20 kilograms).
- Power: 350 Watts.
- Grinding blades conical diameter: 2.5" (63mm).
- Grinding blade speed: Low 500 RPM (60 Hz).
- Doser capacity: 0.6 pounds (280 grams).
- Bean hopper capacity: 2.9 pounds (1.3 kilograms).
- Dose adjustment: 0.19-0.28 pounds (5.5-8 grams).
- Color: Silver.
- Made in Venice, Italy.
- ETL Certified: Effective July 17, 2007, all of our Mazzer grinders have an ETL certification. ETL certification insures that a manufacturer is utilizing quality components for product safety, and ongoing inspections and site visits by ETL insure that manufacturers do not deviate from those standards of product safety. Ultimately, this insures you that internal components are not changed (usually cost cutting) without the approval of ETL.
- We have confirmed that Mazzer tests EVERY grinder with coffee beans before it leaves their facility, but they are not always able to get every trace of coffee out of the grinders after testing. As a result, you may find coffee beans or grinds inside your grinder, or there may be grinds in the packaging when you unwrap it.
- When replacing Mazzer burrs, NEVER use a flathead screwdriver and hammer to wedge under the burrs for removal. This could badly damage your machine.
- 1st-line Equipment, LLC is an importer for Mazzer espresso coffee grinders. If you are interested in distributing/reselling Mazzer products in North America, please contact us.
- As with all coffee grinders, it is very important to only change grind settings on Mazzer coffee grinders when the unit is powered 'on' and the burrs are in motion. If you do not do this, the burrs will 'gunk' up and require cleaning by you every time this occurs. Changing the grind settings when the burrs are not in motion will render the grinder to only produce very coarse grinds or no grinds at all. If this result occurs, this will be considered operator error for lack of following directions, and not be classified as a defective grinder. Mazzer grinders are considered commercial equipment for grinding coffee only and can not be returned once used.