*For Home Use Only
The new PL62 V2 models now come with a built-in PID Sensor. This helps keep a steady boiler temperature in terms of temperature management and in terms of reliability. Although this unit does not have a user programmable PID controller interface to change the boiler temperature, the manufacturer has a preset temperature for the boiler based on years of studying the PID.
Lelit is famous for its ability to produce espresso machines that appeal to both the expert coffee lover and the novice. Their compact machines are beautiful and professional in appearance and contain extensive advanced features that are capable of producing the most exquisite Italian espresso at an affordable cost. The Italian made PL62S Mara contains coveted features such as the famous heat-exchanging E61 grouphead, a 1.4L insulated copper boiler with thermo-siphon technology, multi-directional no-burn steam and hot water wands and a luxurious stainless steel exterior making it the perfect choice for your home or office.
LUXURIOUS STAINLESS STEEL EXTERIOR
This Italian beauty delivers abundantly on style. Its upscale satin-finished stainless steel body and sleek qualities will be sure to impress your guests. This unit has been designed to be an astonishing 14 inches tall, meaning you will get all of the desired advanced features integrated into a compact machine that can be tucked neatly beneath your kitchen cabinets. If desired, the power plug can be completely removed from the rear to enable a tight fit when not in use. The machine is powered by activating the stainless steel button on the front panel.
PROFESSIONAL GRADE PORTAFILTERS
This unit contains a top-grade 58 mm professional portafilter with double spout handles. Lelit has decorated the filter head with their fashionable logo.
E61 HEAT-EXCHANGING SYSTEM
The Mara is equipped with the legendary E61 heat-exchanging grouphead which will cycle water through the heat-exchanger back and forth from the grouphead and the copper boiler to maintain a toasty portafilter and temperature consistency for the espresso extraction.
1.4 LITER COPPER BOILER WITH MANUAL RESETTABLE SAFETY THERMOSTAT
Located in the heart of this machine is the 1.4 liter insulated copper boiler which works in combination with the heat exchanging thermo-siphon double cycle technology to maintain a consistent temperature to the brewing group. This system has been cleverly designed to allow its user to brew and steam simultaneously if desired or switch quickly between the two functions without lag time. On the top of the boiler is where the user can reset the manual safety thermostat. The internal pipes on this machine are constructed from copper.
DUAL PRESSURE GAUGE AND ADJUSTABLE OVER-PRESSURE VALVE
On the front of the machine is a dual pressure gauge. The top of the gauge indicates boiler pressure (0-4 bar) and the bottom part indicates pump pressure (0-16 bar). This unit also contains an adjustable over-pressure valve.
MULTI-DIRECTIONAL STEAM AND HOT WATER WANDS
The Mara contains two wands, one that produces steam and the other that produces hot water. The wands have been equipped with no-burn technology which means the user can touch the wands while they are producing steam and they will be cool to the touch. Avoid touching the top joint and the steam tip as these will be hot to the touch. This unit is generous in its steam-producing capabilities, and in accompaniment with the two-hole steam tip this machine will deliver more than enough power to produce silky lattes and cappuccinos.
2.5 LITER WATER RESERVOIR WITH AUTOMATIC SHUT-OFF
The 2.5 liter refillable water tank has been designed with two shut-off features. The first shut-off feature activates when the tank has been removed and the second is activated by the magnetic float that shuts the power down in the case of insufficient water to protect the motor.
DOUBLE PILOT LIGHTS
Located on the front of the unit are two indicator lights. On the left, the light indicates when power to the machine has been activated. The light to the right indicates when the heating element in on.
- Instructional manual
- Dual spout portafilter with 2-cup basket
- Plastic tamper
- Plastic scoop
- Blind filter basket/insert
- Measurements: 14.125" H x 8.75" W x 15.75" D (35.89 cm H x 22.23 cm W x 40.01 cm D)
- Weight: 41.45 pounds (18.8 kilograms)
- Power: 1500 watts, 120 volts, 60 hertz
- Tank capacity: 0.66 gallons (2.5 liters)
- Boiler capacity: 0.35 gallons (1.4 liters)
- Made in Italy
Espresso Machine Warning:
- ELECTRICAL WARNING: To avoid electrical damage to this espresso machine which is not considered a manufacturer's defect, please acquire and install a single-outlet surge suppressor rated at 1080 joules or higher. the lack of the recommended surge suppressor, the espresso machine can be damaged at the power switch, the electronics, the heating element, the pressurstat or the wiring inside.
- WATER WARNING: To increase the useful life of and not damage your espresso machine, please use softened water. Softened water is water without calcium and without magnesium, but still has other minerals for espresso extraction. Do not use distilled water, purified water, nor reverse osmosis water as these types of water create oxidation with the metals and cause the same damaging effects as limescale.
- DESCALING WARNING: We do not recommend descaling unless there is an issue with the espresso machine. The reason is that too much descaling can eat away at the metals and gaskets inside an espresso machine.