About the Company
Gruppo Cimbali is one of the largest, or possibly the largest, manufacturers of commercial espresso machines in the world. The company owns and manufacturers La Cimbali, Faema, and Casadio branded espresso machines and grinders, with each brand having a broad range of models, starting with entry level models for home users or catering businesses to full size, very robust commercial machines found in some of the finest cafés in the world.
La Cimbali Espresso Machine Models
There is a complete range of both super automatic and traditional La Cimbali branded espresso machines available. The current super automatic product line up includes, S30 CS10 MilkPS, S30 CP10 MilkPS, S30 S10 Turbosteam Milk4 Cold Touch, S39 Barsystem MilkPS, S39 Barsystem TurboSteam, M1 MilkPS, M1 TurboSteam, and Q10 MilkPS/13 with two grinders/dosers. The current traditional product line up includes: M100HD, M100 GT Turbosteam Milk4 (Tall cup version), M39 TE Dosatron (Turbosteam Milk4, tall cup version), M39 TE Dosatron (Turbosteam Milk4), M26 BE Compact 2 Group Volumetric, M26 TE Compact 2 Group Volumetric with Turbosteam, and M21 Junior DT1. If we don’t have a product listed on our website, please contact us if you are interested in purchasing one.
La Cimbali Super Automatic Commercial Espresso Machines
- La Cimbali S30 – There are three variations of the S30, the CS 10 MilkPS, CP 10 MilkPS, and S10 Turbosteam Milk4 Cold Touch. All three are super automatic machines that are designed for about 300 cups / day. They have touch screen displays with 24 drink selections, two grinders, automatic adjustment of grind size and dosing, automatic milk circuit washing system, wifi connectivity, and are equipped with Smart Boiler technology that maintains thermal stability. The CS 10 Milk PS can automatically steam milk, but also has a manual steam wand and a unique “snow milk” system that froths milk without heating it. It also has a soluble cocoa powder hopper for increased flexibility and ease of use in making drinks such as mochas or hot chocolates. The CP 10 Milk PS is the same as the CS10 MilkPS but doesn’t have the soluble drink hopper. The S10 variation does not have the MilkPS system and has a TurboSteam wand instead. It also does not have the Snow Milk system. The CS10 and CP10 require a milk cooler, while the S10 does not.
- La Cimbali S39 – The M39 comes in two variations, the MilkPS which is a one step machine that automatically steams milk that is pulls from a milk cooler and the Turbosteam variation, which is a two step machine that requires milk to be steamed with a Turbosteam wand and does not have a milk cooler. The Turbosteam wand does auto steam, but it’s not part of the process that is automatically done by the machine when a drink is selected from the menu. Both are super automatic machines with two hoppers, smart boiler technology for enhanced thermal stability, 8 drink menu that is expandable to 14 drinks with dual button functionality, drink selection is through push buttons vs the touch screen functionality on the S30 machines. The M39s have one boiler vs the S30 which has two boilers, so compared to the S30s, the M39s don’t have as much thermal stability or control.
- La Cimbali M1 – We sell two variations of the M1, the one step MilkPS which requires a milk cooler and the two step TurboSteam which has an auto steam wand and does not require a milk cooler. The M1 is smaller in size than the S39, can’t do as many drinks per day, and has an 8 drink selection vs 14 drinks selection when compared to the S9. Like the M39, it has a heat exchanger design and not the multi boiler design like the S30 has. It has two hoppers, smart boiler technology, and a 2.5 liter boiler.
- La Cimbali Q10 PS/13 – We sell one variation of the Q10, the PS/13. This machine is recommended for daily volumes of 100 drinks per day or less. It’s a compact superautomatic machine with a heat exchanger design and two coffee hoppers and grinders. It has a push button drink selection with 8 menu items, which can be dual purposed to have up to 14 menu items. It requires a milk cooler and does not have a manual or turbosteam wand. It has a hot water tap.
Traditional Espresso Machines
- La Cimbali M100 HD & GT– The top of the line traditional espresso machine by La Cimbali, with customizable water pressure profiles, thermal system based on 10 liter boiler, with two heat exchangers in a series & independent coffee boilers. Each group temperature can be set independently and controlled directly through the display. The boiler has something La Cimbali calls a Smart Boiler system, which is a design that prevents heat loss and increased thermal stability. M100s have energy saving features that can not only save you money during operation, but are also environmentally responsible. The HD model has standard steam wands. The GT model has one standard steam wand and one Turbosteam wand and is also made for tall cups.
- La Cimbali M39 – There are two variations of the M39. One is a tall cup variation, and the other is a standard height variation. Both variations have one standard steam wand and one TurboSteam wand for automatically steaming milk without manual intervention, saving your barista time and making the milk quality consistent every time. They are volumetric machines with auto dosing of shot volumes, another important factor in drink consistency. They have a thermal system based on a ten liter boiler, two heat exchangers and independent coffee boilers and group temperatures can be set independently and controlled through the display. The biggest difference between the M39 and M100 is the M39 doesn’t have the system that allows for personalization of water pressure extraction profiles.
- La Cimbali M26 – We sell two variations of the M26, the M26 TE and the M26 BE. Both are compact volumetric machines that have a heat exchanger boiler design. The difference between these machines and the M39 or the M100 is they don’t have the independent boilers and group temperature control and they don’t have customizable pressure profiles. The BE variation is a regular height machine with a standard steam wand. The TE variation is Tall Cup height machine and has a manual steam wand and a Turbosteam Wand.
- La Cimbali M21 Junior Casa – This is a popular one group machine that is popular with prosumer home users and for business coffee applications with low volumes, such as small restaurants and catering businesses. It’s a volumetric, heat exchanger machine and does not have TurboSteam, multi boilers, or pressure profile adjustment.
Mumac Espresso Machine Museum
Gruppo Cimbali also owns one of the world’s only espresso machine museum. The museum, called Mumac, is located in Milan, Italy and houses hundreds of historical machines, grinders, artwork, books, and other espresso machine related materials. You can see the museum in person if you go to Italy, but you can also take a virtual tour via Google Street view. Visit the museum website for photos, videos, additional info and booking details.