This Product Qualifies For:
The Gene Cafe CBR-101 has established itself as an excellent roaster capable of producing about half a pound of uniformly roasted coffee (250g). It uses a unique vortex twisting, off-axis chamber rotation which assures complete distribution of the green coffee during roasting. This motion is one of the main reasons for the roasted coffee's uniform color.View and download the Owner's Manual here.
Gene Cafe CBR-101 Features
- Vortex twisting mixing
- Fully automatic roasting & cooling
- Both time and temperature can be controlled
- Heats with indirect air from 1 to 23 minutes
- Heat range 300-482 F degrees/190-250 C degrees
- Cools with ambient temperature forced air approx. 10 minutes
- User can activate cooling cycle at any time
- Capacity: 250g per roast (we suggest 80% for optimal efficiency & roast times)
- Roast cycle: about 15 minutes for Full City roast plus cooling
- Temperature controlled by electronic thermostat
- Roast progress can be seen through glass roasting chamber
- Heat element: 1200 - 1400 Watts
- Quiet operation. Noise level: 65dB
- Overheat protection
- Height: 10"
- Width: 15"
- Depth: 9"
- Weight: 12.1 pounds
- Power Supply: 120V
- Warranty: 1 year
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This roaster is great! Very easy to use and getting great results!
Approximate Time Owned 15 years Rating Overall 4/5 Reliability Rating 4/5 Value for the Price 4/5 Usability Rating 4/5 Aesthetics Rating 4/5 Detailed Review With hands on roasting, this roaster is capable of producing some very fine roasts. The temp and time can be adjusted during the roast. The down side of this roaster is the cooling. When the beans have been roasted to perfection and the roast is dropped, they continue to bake. So one must anticipate this by watching the beans carefully: when one bean begins to express a pin head of oil, the cool button is pressed, the lid is opened and a giant cooling fan is trained on the roaster to cool it faster!