So, we know that coffee has some awesome health benefits when we drink it, but did you know it also can have some great effects on your skin and complexion topically? Not only is coffee packed with antioxidants, but it also works as a natural vasodilator to firm up your skin. All this means that your favorite morning beverage can also reduce and prevent wrinkles, and protect your skin against free radical and sun damage. Now, it doesn’t make much sense to try and rinse your face with your leftover brew, so below we are sharing a recipe so you can make your own coffee soap at home with just a few ingredients.
- 1 teaspoon of instant espresso or 2 teaspoons of ground coffee
- 1 teaspoon of powdered milk
- 1 bar of white glycerin soap (about 4 ounces)
- A few drops of fragrance or essential oil if desired
- Microwave safe container
- Something to use as a mold (silicone works well)
- First you will want to cut up your bar of white glycerin soap into small chunks
- Place the chunks of soap into your container and put in the microwave until melted
- Once your soap is melted, stir in the powdered milk and essential/fragrance oil if using
- Next, add the coffee granules. Be sure not to over stir the mixture at this point!
- Add your mixture to your soap mold and let it sit until it hardens (This usually takes several hours)