Warranty: Two Year Parts/Labor Warranty Limited to Manufacturers Defects
- Bakelite handles.
- Brass eagle situated on dome.
- Large, round base (10" diameter).
- Water level sight glass indicates level of water in boiler.
- Pressure gauge shows steam pressure in boiler and needle in green zone indicates optimal time to extract espresso. Standard pressure ranges anywhere between 0.8 - 1.3 bar.
- Spring piston-operated - lever starts in upward position
- Piston grouphead.
- Durable brass boiler that provides exceptionally dry steam for creating micro foam.
- Armor-plated, 800 watt heating element.
- Internal pressure regulator automatically regulates the temperature.
- Built-in safety thermostat prevents meltdown if left without water - please note that you can still damage the heating element if the machine is run dry (without water).
- This machine is for home use only.
Italian craftsmanship exudes talent and skill from every pore, which is superbly reflected in the design of the Elektra Art-S1CO Micro Casa Lever home espresso machine. It boasts a sturdy structure with manual lever control features that give you ultimate control when pulling and perfecting your espresso and milk based espresso drinks.
Beautiful, Durable Construction
The lines are well-defined with a sleek yet powerful design. It has an exterior crafted with chrome and brass and has a sturdy lever with a Bakelite handle for enhanced durability. It features the signature Elektra eagle etched on the top of the dome. Needless to say, the emblem imparts an aura of attractiveness to the machine. The boiler is of durable brass that provide temperature stability. One glance and you can recognize its superior quality and robustness!
Compact, Portable Design
Weighing 22 pounds, the espresso machine is lightweight so you can easily take it along with you if necessary, unlike other bulky and cumbersome espresso machine models that make portability difficult. Moreover, its compact structure allows it to fit nicely on small counters.
The machine is a valuable addition to your kitchen and is manual lever design emits minimal noise. Unlike many of its counterparts, including semi-automatics, automatics, and superautomatics, there is significantly less noise with this type of machine.
Safety/Pressure Relief and Water Level Features
Safety features include a built-in thermostat and pressure relief valve on top of the boiler. The former regulates temperature to avoid overheating that might prove to be detrimental to the machine’s longevity and performance, while the valve prevents excessive pressure accumulation inside the machine. It automatically senses the pressure and subsequently releases it. A water level site glass allows you to monitor water level, preventing catastrophic damage if the machine were run without water.
Internal Pressure Guage
The Elektra ART-S1CO espresso machine has an internal pressure gauge the helps with temperature regulation. This feature is important as you have to know exactly when to extract the espresso – the needle should move to the green zone when it’s in the right zone.
Easy assembly & usage
Tired of poring over complicated user manuals for modern gadgets? Some espresso machines can be tough to put together as there are several parts and the construction itself is not too user-friendly, but this machine simplifies the issue as its is easy to assemble – the setup is complete in just a few minutes. Once you know how to attach the steam wand, you are all set!
Manual Lever with Spring Piston
There is a spring piston incorporated for convenience, and it imparts a steady pump pressure each time it is pulled. Just read the detailed instructions provided and you can start using the espresso maker right after it is delivered.
Dry Steam that is Great for Frothing
You need to achieve proper consistency when it comes to steaming and frothing – these parameters are integral to the taste and flavor of espresso drinks; anything goes wrong and you might end up with bitter or bland coffee. The boiler creates dry steam, making it great for making micro foam for milk based drinks.
The Elektra Art Micro Casa Lever comes with 2 year parts/labor warranty.
- Power: 110 volts only, 60 Hz, 15 Amp.
- Boiler capacity: 61 ounce (1.8 liters) approximate.
- Measurements: 19" H x 10" W x 10" D (49cm H x 26cm W x 26cm D).
- Weight: 22 lbs.
- Filter basket size: 49-50mm.
- Fabricated in Treviso, Italy.
Video: Elektra Microcasa a Leva or La Pavoni Professional - Which is Better?
Video: Image Slideshow of the Elektra Microcasa Lever Espresso Machine
Video: Elektra Lever First Time Use How to Guide
Video: Steam Pressure on the Elektra Microcasa a Leva Espresso Machine
- Due to the smaller portafilter size, this machine is not pod-capabale.
- The exterior color, which includes a clear coat finish, will naturally change as each each Elektra machine ages. This would not be covered under warranty as color changes are not considered manufacturer's defects.
- Some assembly is required - we remove the steam wand to prevent damage in transit. Therefore, you will need a crescent wrench to place it back on.
- Cup seen in the picture above is not included.
- Warranty Note: It is very important to use 'softened water' in these machines, as well as all espresso machines. Hard water will cause these machines to malfunction, and Elektra will not cover the parts warranty due to hard water. In addition, it is extremely important to run the a leva and Semiautomatica machines with water at least 25% full in the sight glass. Running these models with a water level lower than this can cause heating element damage which will not be covered under warranty as this is not a manufacturer's defect. If you return the unit with a damaged heating element, you will be charged for the repair, and the repair charge will be deducted from the credit.
- There is a safety feature on this machine when water is not pumped into the boiler on initial startup. If this isn't done the safety kicks off and the machine will have to be reset. On the bottom of the machine underneath the yellow cap there is a reset button for the safety thermostat. If you purchased the machine from us and are still having issues, you can email us for instructions.
- WARNING: DO NOT PULL LEVER DOWN WITHOUT HOLDING THE PORTAFILTER INSTALLED IN THE GROUPHEAD AND FILLED WITH VERY FINE GROUND COFFEE. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL CAUSE DAMAGE AND PERSONAL INJURY.
- CAUTION: ALL SURFACES ARE HOT AND CAN CAUSE BURNS.
- This machine was featured in the Boston Globe. Boston Globe (Sept 23, 2004) ranked the microcasa a leva with 'pulled the best shots'.
Warning: Please make sure the sight glass is the field between a minimum of 25% and 75% at all times during operation. If the water level lowers below the 25% mark, damage can occur to the machine.