- Solid chrome-plated E61 grouphead. Hot water circulates from thermosyphon tubes to/from the grouphead and boiler. The purpose is to keep the grouphead and your portafilter nice and hot.
- Multi-directional steam wand allows for more flexibility and also acts as a hot water wand
- Lever next to the grouphead activates a microswitch which turns on the electric vibrations pump to pump water through the coffee grinds.
- Three way solenoid valve allows quick removal of portafilter after the espresso extraction and immediately prepare for the next extraction.
- Passive cup warmer on the top - heat from the boiler rises and heats the top panel. Like any other espresso machine, it can take up to two hours to preheat your cups. Therefore, it is better to flash heat the cups from hot water from the grouphead or steam/water wand.
- Stainless steel body polished to a mirror finish.
- Black enamel-painted steel frame
- PID temperature control allows you to program the boiler.
- Easily adjustable OPV (over pressure valve) underneath the cup warmer tray (8.5 - 12 bar).
- Easy access to the water tank underneath the removable cup warmer tray.
- High-quality stainless steel insulated boiler.
- Short heat-up time approximately 20 minutes.
- Pressure gauge measures pump/brew pressure (0 - 16 bar) and should only be looked at while extracting espresso or adjusting the OPV with a blind filter int he portafilter inserted intot he grouphead. This gauge has no meaning at any other time.
- Metal lever switch and indicator lights for the "On/Off" function and for steam and hot water.
- Accessories included: Dual spout portafilter, 1-cup filter basket, 2-cup filter basket, blind filter basket, grouphead cleaning brush, plastic coffee scoop, plastic coffee tamper, extra hose, instruction manual in German and English.
- PID temperature adjustment
The atmosphere of an Italian espresso bar at home - made for the smallest of kitchens. ECM classifies this as their perfect single-boiler machine for small spaces - satisfying the highest demands, perfect espresso preparation, and absolute espresso pleasure. Further review this timeless, elegant classic in a clear stainless steel design.
- Measurements: 15.75" H x 10" W x 17.75" D (40.01 cm H x 25.4 cm W x 45.09 cm D).
- Height w/out removable guard rails: 14.25" (36.2 cm).
- Weight: 40.79 pounds (18.5 kilograms).
- Power: 1200 watts, 115 volts, 60 hertz.
- Water tank capacity: ~0.74 gallons (2.8 liters).
- Vibration pump rated at 52 watts
- Boiler capacity: 0.75 liters
- CE listed.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I only recently sold a bakery. cafe business. What I missed most, other than the social milieu, was unrestricted access to good espresso. With the Classika PID, my home espresso quality exceeds what I could make at the cafe on our commercial machine: rich, smooth, syrupy shots.