The Sette Series debuts a revolutionary new grinding technology. Designed and perfected in Liechtenstein over a period of 8 years, this technology sets a new standard in simplicity, efficiency, and durability. This new mechanism has the outer burr rotate and the inner burr is fixed, a truly revolutionary design. The design of this mechanism doubles the efficiency of similarly sized grinders. Coffee passes straight through the grinder, vertically, and drops directly into the grounds bin or your portafilter.
The Sette has a macro/micro adjust for grind size, as well as 3 programmable settings for dosing. These combined features offer the user incredible repeatability. A unique, built-in, convertible device holder allows the user to grind directly into a portafilter, the supplied grounds bin, or most of the popular brewing devices.
This 270Wi grinder was designed using the weighing technology of Acaia, giving precise and accurate weight based dosing, with the revolutionary ability to grind by weight directly into a portafilter. This is a breakthrough in grinding technology!
The Sette Series has, at its core, a revolutionary grinding mechanism that produces game-changing performance. Key aspects of this innovative mechanism include:
- Straight-thru vertical transports and grinding of the beans (highly efficient and results in minimal residual coffee in the system).
- Rotation of the outer ring burr (with twice the surface area of the cone burr) along with proprietary tooth geometry, produces grinding thru-put that is two to three times that of others in its class.
- Proprietary gear box (planetary + crown gear) that maximizes efficiency of torque transfer, resulting in lower power consumption and much less heat.
Comparison of Grinder Models Video
- Speed To Grind - Espresso 3.5g/sec—Manual Brewing 5.5g/sec
- Burrs - 40 mm Steel by Etzinger
- Bean Hopper Capacity - 10 oz (300-400 g)
- Grounds Bin Capacity - 5.5 oz (160g)
- Weight - 7lbs (3.2 kg)
- Dimensions WxHxD (cm) - 13 / 40 / 24
- Power Rating (North America) - 120 V AC 290 Watts 50/60 Hz. 2.4 Amp
- Safety Listing - UL/CSA/CE/EK
- Designed & Engineered - Seattle, WA, USA
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Approximate Time Owned 3 months Rating Overall 4/5 Reliability Rating 3/5 Value for the Price 5/5 Usability Rating 5/5 Aesthetics Rating 3/5 Detailed Review This grinder is phenomenal for the price. Pros: 1. Grinding by weight is a complete game changer for home workflows. Especially at this price. 2. Zero retention. Seriously none. This dramatically has reduced beam waste and increased consistency shot to shot. 3. Lightning fast. 3.5g/s. Nuff said. 4. Very easy to clean. I can have the burr assembly removed, disassembled, cleaned, and back in the grinder in less than 5 min. And I don’t even have to re-dial in! 5. Consistent. It just is. I adjust my grind size 80% less frequently than I did with a Vario. Cons: 6. Loud. Very very loud. But it’s kind of exciting when no one is asleep! 7. Not the most reliable reputation. BUT, Baratza’s customer service is top notch and they always take care of their customers. Stop thinking about it and just pull the trigger. This thing rocks.
The Sette is quick to grind espresso and weighs it accurately. Similar to a larger commercial espresso Grinder but way lower price. My last daily grinder was a breville smart grinder.. .. I think I'm going to white Elephant gift it. This is my second Baratza grinder and I'm alwats happy with my purchase.
Have a cup of brewed and delicious coffee.