The Sette Series debuts a revolutionary new grinding technology. Designed and perfected in Liechtenstein over a period of 8 years, this technology sets a new standard in simplicity, efficiency, and durability. This new mechanism has the outer burr rotate and the inner burr is fixed, a truly revolutionary design. The design of this mechanism doubles the efficiency of similarly sized grinders. Coffee passes straight through the grinder, vertically, and drops directly into the grounds bin or your portafilter.
The Sette has a macro/micro adjust for grind size, as well as 3 programmable settings for dosing. These combined features offer the user incredible repeatability. A unique, built-in, convertible device holder allows the user to grind directly into a portafilter, the supplied grounds bin, or most of the popular brewing devices.
The Sette Series has, at its core, a revolutionary grinding mechanism that produces game-changing performance. Key aspects of this innovative mechanism include:
- Straight-thru vertical transports and grinding of the beans (highly efficient and results in minimal residual coffee in the system).
- Rotation of the outer ring burr (with twice the surface area of the cone burr) along with proprietary tooth geometry, produces grinding thru-put that is two to three times that of others in its class.
- Proprietary gear box (planetary + crown gear) that maximizes efficiency of torque transfer, resulting in lower power consumption and much less heat.
Comparison of Grinder Models Video
- Speed To Grind - Espresso 3.5g/sec—Manual Brewing 5.5g/sec
- Burrs - 40 mm Steel by Etzinger
- Bean Hopper Capacity - 10 oz (300-400 g)
- Grounds Bin Capacity - 5.5 oz (160g)
- Weight - 7lbs (3.2 kg)
- Dimensions WxHxD (cm) - 13 / 40 / 24
- Power Rating (North America) - 120 V AC 290 Watts 50/60 Hz. 2.4 Amp
- Safety Listing - UL/CSA/CE/EK
- Designed & Engineered - Seattle, WA, USA
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Approximate Time Owned 2 weeka Rating Overall 4/5 Reliability Rating 5/5 Value for the Price 5/5 Usability Rating 5/5 Aesthetics Rating 5/5 Detailed Review Great grinder. this is my first electric grinder and it makes my coffee life way easier. it has 31 main adjustments and unlimited micro adjustments. it looks great. my only complaint is the static is very bad. the grounds go everywhere once it's done. you need to get a funnel. also I think it maybe better to get the Sette 270wi since it weighs the beans instead of timing. it seems like a better design.
Approximate Time Owned 6 months Rating Overall 5/5 Reliability Rating 5/5 Value for the Price 5/5 Usability Rating 5/5 Aesthetics Rating 5/5 Detailed Review The Baratza Sette has been an outstanding purchase! It not only looks stylish, it performs beautifully! The settings make it possible to dial in almost unlimited numbers of grind settings. I have had no problems or hick-ups with my Sette!
Approximate Time Owned 6 months Rating Overall 4/5 Reliability Rating 4/5 Value for the Price 4/5 Usability Rating 4/5 Aesthetics Rating 4/5 Detailed Review This is my first espresso purposed grinder and I have loved it so far. The ease of use from setting your 3 pre programmed timers, dialing in your grind and disassembly for cleaning make this grinder great for someone just starting their espresso journey or a seasoned vet. I personally single does each time and that works for me, but if you like to fill your hopper and change our beans from time to time, this will work for you as well. This grinder is super fast, shoots nice fluffy grinds directly into your portafilter with no clumping and little retention. The Sette 270 grinder is a little on the louder side and some may not like that. But you'll spend less time hearing it with how quickly it works and more time to sit down and relax with your drink in hand.
I give this a 5 overall for espresso grinding and a 4 for grinding overall because it doesn't really provide grinds coarse enough for cold brew and french press without changing the burr. But the espresso capabilities are outstanding. Easy to use, virtually no retention.
Pros Fast and constant Cons Noisy and makes static.