2019 Andreja Premium Updates
- Manometers are now blue
- Cam lever is an ergonomic stainless steel
- Drip tray front is curved and much cleaner looking
- Reservoir is now lacking the two silicone tubes and empties via a check valve at the bottom of the reservoir
- Lights are now small LEDs that melt into the front panel which looks much nicer
The new Andreja has a Sirai Pressure Stat, new commercial grade valves. new style portafilters, and a new light indicator when filling boiler (2 red lights). The black name badge on drip tray has been replaced with a new etched name/logo. The new valves are built with the steam and hot water wands farther away from the front of the machine, they can no longer touch or scratch the front of machine.
- Hinged cover - no need to remove the cup warming tray to refill the water tank
- Easy access expansion valve - no need to remove the outer shell to adjust
- Three position power switch (left - power on for initial fill, center - power off, right - power on and heating)
- Custom made knobs
- Easy access boiler drain
- High-quality stainless steel construction #304 food grade, even the frame itself
- E-61 commercial group with automatic pre-infusion
- Built-in heat exchanger (brew coffee and steam milk simultaneously)
- Thermo siphon circulation (maintains consistent brewing temperature)
- Ulka 52 watt vibratory pump with thermal overload protection
- Semi-automatic lever action
- Insulated boiler keeps your kitchen, and more importantly, expensive internal electrical components cooler, preventing failure due to exposure to excessive heat.
- 3 liter water reservoir
- Large, pull-out stainless drip tray with 46 ounce capacity
- Cup warmer
- No burn steam and hot water arms
- 4 hole steam tip
- Boiler pressure gauge
- Group pressure gauge
- Precise, magnetic switch detects low water level
- Automatic water level control
- Direct connect option available
- Two complete 58 mm portafilters (one single and one double)
- Blank for back-flushing
The Andreja Premium is an espresso machine that has recently been redesigned and improved, making it a high performance, gorgeous work of engineering and design. Features that set the machine apart are many, including a legendary E61 grouphead, high quality stainless steel body, a no-burn steam wand, and some of the highest quality components available. As an added benefit, the Andreja Premium espresso machine can have a continuous water supply through a direct connect water line.
#304 Food Grade Stainless Steel Construction
Like all other Quick Mill espresso machines, the Andreja Premium’s body and frame are made of high quality, food grade, #304 stainless, providing long lasting strength and beauty.
Vaccum Breaker Valve
If you want to put your espresso machine on a timer, the vacuum breaker valve allows you to do so without having any vapor lock issues.
Two Low Water Level Sensors
The first low water level sensor provides an audible alert when the water level is getting low, while the second one turns the heating element off. The two alert system gives users enough time to finish what they are doing before refilling the water reservoir. It also protects the heating element from costly damage when the heating element Is turned off. As an additional benefit, the sensor doesn’t turn the entire machine off, just the heating element. This allows the water pump to run awhile longer so the machine doesn’t inconvenience the user by turning off in the middle of a shot.
Ulka Water Pump
The Andreja Premium has a higher wattage, vibratory pump (52 watts) than in previous version, allowing it to operate with less strain, thereby producing less noise. The thermal overload protection on the water pump will turn the pump off in the event of overheating. Brass ends on the pump are longer lasting and leak resistant compared to plastic ends on many machines.
Boiler Drain with Greater Accessibility
The bottom of the boiler now has a drain plug that allows it to be easily drained if required. The size of the access port opening is also larger, allowing easier access to the plug.
For an enhanced user experience, the Andreja Premium has a heat exchanger that allows users to brew and steam simultaneously, with no wait time in between.
Removable Water Reservoir
The high capacity water reservoir on the Andreja Premium holds over 3 liters, allowing you to make more drinks without requiring you to refill the reservoir.
Commercial Grade Grouphead
With a commercial grade, 58mm E61 grouphead, you can rest assured that it will provide heat stability and outstanding durability.
3 Way Solenoid Valve
To reduce dripping and to dry out the coffee puck for easier removal, the Andreja Premium is equipped with a 3 way valve the reduces pressure after extraction.
Two Commercial Grade Portafilters
This machine comes with two chrome plated, high quality, commercial grade portafilters. One of them is a single spout, and the other is a double spout. Also included are three filter baskets: a single, a double, and a blank for cleaning and maintenance.
The boiler is an insulated, high capacity, 1.6 liter boiler with a 1400 watt heating element that is very durable.
Easy to Use Power Switch
The power switch has three position for fill up, off and on/heating.
Extra Large Drip Tray
With a capacity of over 46 ounces, you won’t have to empty it as frequently.
Heat stability is a critical part of creating the best shots of espresso possible. With the radiant heat cup warmer on the Andreja Premium, your espresso won’t suddenly lose heat as it enters a cold cup.
There are two swivel mounted, articulating wands on the espresso machine – one for steam and one for hot water.
- Best Use:
- Office \ Home
- EE \ Semi-Automatic
- Single insulated copper heat exchange boiler (1.6 liter). Brew coffee and steam milk simultaneously. Insulated boiler keeps your kitchen, and more importantly, expensive internal electrical components cooler, preventing failure due to exposure to exc
- Cup Size:
- Traditonal Cup
- 1 Group
- Output Capacity:
- PID Temperature Controller:
- Plumbing / Tank:
- Reservoir (3 liter) \ Plumbed option
- Ulka 52 watt vibratory pump with brass ends and thermal overload protection.
- Boiler pressure gauge. Group pressure gauge. Precise, magnetic switch detects low water level.
- Drain Tray:
- Large, non-plumbed pull-out stainless drip tray with 46 ounce capacity
- Hot Water Spigot:
- 1 Stainless steel no-burn hot water spigot
- Steam Arms:
- 1 Stainless steel no-burn steam arm with 4-hole steam tip
- Amps / Volts:
- 15 Amps \ 110 Volts
- 1400 Watt heater
- Polished stainless steel
- The Andreja Premium can be equipped with multi-directional joystick steam and hot water assemblies. Direct connect plumbing option available.
- Two complete 58 mm portafilters (one single and one double). Cup warmer. Blank for back-flushing.
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Approximate Time Owned 2years Rating Overall 5/5 Reliability Rating 5/5 Value for the Price 5/5 Usability Rating 5/5 Aesthetics Rating 5/5 Detailed Review I have bought 2 of them One for the house on the West and one for the house on the East Coast. That how much I love the machine and the way the coffeee tastes.
Awesome espresso machine. Works flawlessly. Consistently produces amazing shots
I've owned this machine for 10 years - all home use and pulling 4-5 shots a day. I estimate I have made at least 2000 lattes ($5 each if you go out for them) so it was an investment in every sense of the word. After 10 years, the pump is still good but the boiler is in need of a cleaning and professional descale (the water where I live is bad for everything, particularly coffee makers). My only complaint is the cost of shipping to get it to a service center and the estimated 2 week turnaround (4 weeks with shipping). It is a remarkable machine, easy to use, makes better coffee than the place on every corner, and I can have my coffee at home anytime I want without standing in line. If you like coffee, particularly if you like Latte' then this machine is a must have item. And it looks really impressive in the kitchen. Make no mistake, the weight on the specs is correct, this is a pro-sumer machine, the stainless steel welded frame and polished stainless exterior and a large boiler makes this thing a beast. Get the optional water connection kit or put some felt pads on the feet to make it easier to slide on the counter top when you want to refill. I also recommend investing in a good grinder. I purchased the Quick Mill grinder that matches this machine, sometimes I regret buying the non-doser option but I have never regretted the purchase. The coffee literally improved so much it was obvious. If you have had bag coffee and fresh ground at home you know the difference, multiple that difference 10-15X over and that is how much a burr grinder improves over a simple little home grinder from a local retail store. To make it simple, this machine is on the very short list of things I own that if it got stolen or destroyed by fire, I would run and buy an exact copy immediately no questions asked. (Amazon Review)
I think this is one of the most highly regarded machines at this price point. Do a Google search on it and there is a wealth of information available on it. Note that there was an "Andreja" before there was an "Andreja Premium", so be sure you are looking at info for this current version. I'm the first review here, but this machine has been around for awhile and the current version is superb. The short story - this is one excellent machine, both in appearance and in function. I could not be happier with using it and its performance. It's just a dream to me. I came from a Rancilio Silva, a very competent machine in its own regard - after 9 years of proving to myself that "I really would use an espresso machine." Well, that ran a little long, but moving to the Andreja has been terrific. The Silvia is a single boiler machine and the step up to the heat exchanger variety (which Andreja is) was huge. I had pretty much mastered Silva to produce pretty good espresso, but a week with Andreja and I am making espresso in a very repeatable way - something that was very difficult with the Silvia. The primary reason is the consistent temperature and pressure afforded by the heat exchanger (HX) boiler and E-61 brewhead. Unlike the single boiler Silvia, there is no waiting for steam to come up or the temperature to recover - it's pretty much there all the time and read. The most there is to do is to do a cooling flush when the machine's been sitting awhile, you just push the brew lever up and wait until the water stops sputtering (it's hot enough to flash to steam - you don't want to brew with that extra hot water!) and you're ready to go. The steam is an excellent dry and consistent steam - microfrothing is a big improvement as well. (Amazon Review)