The Rancilio Rocky is built by a company with a great reputation in making high quality commercial espresso machines and grinders. They took their commercial product expertise and made one of the most durable, highly rated espresso/coffee grinders available on the market today.
Some of the Rancilio Rocky’s features include:
- Two model variations available:
- Doserless model: Uses a chute rather than a doser, which helps reduce waste of coffee grinds because you will only grind what is needed. The doserless model allows users to have more control over the amount of grounds that go into something like a coffee filter.
- Dosing model: With the doser model of the Rancilio Rocky, you can dispense ground coffee into the portafilter from your espresso machine. When coffee is ground, it falls into a doser container. To dispense coffee into a portafilter or container, a handle is pulled which allows coffee to drop through a small hole. Each pull of the handle dispenses about 7 grams of coffee grounds. With a doser, users can measure out the correct amount of espresso grounds into an espresso machine portafilter.
- 55 grind settings – With 55 different grind settings you can’t go wrong. You will have no trouble finding a setting that meets your exact need, whether you are looking for a very course grind for something like a French press or for a very fine grind for something like Turkish coffee. The Rancilio Rocky’s best range? It does course quite well, but it’s best range is medium to ultra-fine.
- Commercial grade motor – Simply put, the motor on the Rancilio Rocky is amazing, something that almost all Rancilio Rocky grinder owners are more than happy to attest to. It’s a direct drive motor with 166 watts of power – more than enough for the most demanding applications. Weighing nearly 12 pounds, with a RPM rating of 1725, it just keeps on spinning! As an added benefit, it is also very quiet when compared to similar grinders. As a protective feature, the grinder has a high temperature overload switch that will help prevent damage if a foreign object such as a stone is accidently mixed with the coffee beans.
- Commercial grade grinding burrs – with a diameter of 50mm and flat plate style design, the grinding burrs on the Rancilio Rocky are built to last.
- Hopper with UV protection – Protect your bean quality and flavor while stilling being able to monitor bean level with a clear hopper that has blue or rose (Rancilio is in the process of updating the look) tinting for UV protection. The bean capacity is approximately 0.5 LBs. To make cleaning easy, the hopper is designed to lift off easily.
- Easy operation – Just switch the grinder on to grind and switch it off when you’re done!
- Great aesthetics – something that comes up time and time again in consumer and professional reviews is the aesthetics of the Rancilio Rocky – most people have nothing but praise for it’s appearance. It will complement most kitchen designs very well.
- Commercial grade construction – With a heavy duty aluminum frame, stainless steel back panel and base, and commercial grade motor and burrs, this grinder is built like a rock! For it’s price range, the Rancilio Rocky is arguably the most durable grinder available. Some customers even use it for light commercial applications.
- 20 to 30 seconds to grind a double shot.
- Capable of producing 5.5 to 7.7 LBs/hour
- Quality tested – the manufacturer tests every grinder to ensure it is working correctly before shipment. So if you notice small amounts of coffee grinds on the product when you get it, it’s not because it’s used!
- Rubber vibration-dampening feet
- Removable filter handle guide – leave it on if you use a portafilter on a regular basis or take it off if you use a coffee filter or container more often.
- Made in Italy
- Designed for the Italian market that uses smaller, less oily coffee beans With larger beans you may need to remove the finger guard.
4.7 x 9.8 x 13.8 in
120 x 250 x 350 mm
Coffee bean container
10.5 Oz (300 g)
5.5-7.7 lb/h (2.5-3.5 kg/h)
2.0 in (50 mm)
110 V / 230 V