FOR HOME USE ONLY
New color addition to the Macap M2 grinders. Perfect match for the Elektra copper & brass home models.
- Stepped grinding adjustment: Grind range from 1 - 9 written on the adjustment disc with steps in between each setting. Lever on the left side keeps from your current grind setting accidentally changing. To change your grind setting hold the lever down and turn the adjustment disc. Turn clockwise for a coarser grind and counter clockwise for a finer grind.
- Adjustable fork: Distance from top of fork to coffee chute is approximately 1.75". It can be moved down approximately 0.75" to accommodate different size portafilters or removed completely to use a container.
- Short, tinted bean hopper: Helps to avoid pre-mature deterioration of beans from light sources (such as sunlight). The height is ~5.5" to the bring the total height to ~15". The hopper is friction fit to the grinder for easy installation and removal by twisting off. A stopper is attached to the hopper if you want to exchange beans.
- Removable power cord & coffee grounds catch tray: Power cord plugs underneath the grinder instead of the side of the grinder which ususally adds to the overall width / depth. The cord is also completely removable if you would like to keep the grinder on your counter and not have wire clutter. The tray easily hooks / unhooks onto the front foot so it won't slide away from the grinder.
- Measurements: 15.1" H x 6" W x 9.9" D (38.2 cm H x 15.2" W x 25 cm D).
- Height from countertop to bottom of chute: 5" (12.7 cm).
- Net weight: 10.4 pounds (4.7 kilograms).
- Power: 150 watts, 110 volts, 60 hertz, 1.5 amps.
- Grinding blade diameter: 50 mm flat.
- Grinding blade speed: 1680 rpm.
- Coffee beans hopper capacity: 0.55 pounds (250 grams).
- Made in Venice, Italy.
- Changing grind settings: Please note as with all coffee grinders, it is very important to only change grind settings on Macap coffee grinders when the unit is powered 'on' and the burrs are in motion. If you do not do this, the burrs will 'gunk' up and require cleaning by you every time this occurs. Changing the grind settings when the burrs are not in motion will render the grinder to only produce very coarse grinds or no grinds at all. If this result occurs, this will be considered operator error for lack of following directions, and will not be classified as a defective grinder - meaning this is not covered under warranty. Macap grinders are considered commercial equipment for grinding coffee only and cannot be returned once used.
- Portafilters: We have tested multiple portafilters to see if they will fit Elektra, Saeco, Ponte Vecchio portafilters or any other portafilters that have the spouts as part of the portafilter head doesn't work well with the M2 grinders, works best with commercial grade spouts.
- Cleaning: Before use, the bean hopper and covers should be cleaned with a mild, non-abrasive soap and rinsed.
- Cord: The electrical cord is placed between the packaging (foam or cardboard) and the underside body of the grinder. During shipping, it is normal for a bend or insignificant blemish / slice to damage the cord.
- Retrofitting: Sorry, there is no retro kit available to upgrade older grinders.