Ascaso Dream UP v3.0 Espresso Machine
Do you want your kitchen to remain updated? UP stands for UPDATED! Version 3 represents the new and improved design of the new thermoblock produced for this newest version. The thermoblock is designed of aluminum for fast warm up times and thickness for good temperature stability. The inside pipe for which water comes in contact for heating is made of stainless steel. This is advantageous since the thermoblock in this case is less prone to limescale build up from magnesium and calcium - limescale is a major factor in causing problems on espresso machines. The other advantage is the aluminum avoids 'pitting' in cases where purified water is used.
Version 3 machines also have a microprocessor that pulsates the pump so water in the reservoir continuously fills the thermoblock for continuous steam - until the reservoir runs near empty.
Another enhancement is the steam valve design. Previous models had metal-to-metal closure for shutting off the steam/how water valve. The version 3 models were upgraded with compression steam valves so there is a rubber gasket that makes the closure. This newer design lowers the chance of limescale buildup as seen on previous models.
In addition, the Dream UP includes a 3 way solenoid valve, adjustable overpressure valve, and aluminum tamper. The Ascaso Dream Up Version 3 does NOT have a pipe into the drip tray on the left side. There is a black plug sealing the hole, and the three way solenoid valve returns to the reservoir. The manufacturer changed this from feedback from customers who had difficulty removing the drip tray for cleaning because the pipe was in the way. The boldest outline, a wink to the past and a best to the future. The Dream UP Versatile espresso and cappuccino machine is the flagship of the Ascaso line. Its classic retro look is combined with the best that modern technology has to offer in a traditional style machine.
This series is dubbed the "Versatile" machine because the Dream UP Versatile machines can use either ground coffee or proportioned single serving espresso pods, also known or labeled as E.S.E. - with a simple change of the filter basket in the filter handle. This offers a lot of versatility in the way you brew your coffee or espresso. Not only does this machine look great in any kitchen, but it also allows you to make cafe quality espresso drinks, lattes, cappuccino, and cafe mochas.
Espresso enthusiasts wanted it, and Ascaso delivered! The last improvement is the inclusion of the ground coffee kit. While the machine is designed to be VERSATILE, the Version 3 includes the adapter and screen which can be added to the grouphead so only ground coffee can be used. However, the end result is even a better cup for most espresso enthusiasts.
We also like the aluminum body! Unlike other machines made of steel and painted enamel, the Ascaso Dream UP has no chance of rusting. Remember, we are using water and steam to make our favorite drinks, so steel machines will rust at some point. The aluminum base does have a polish. Therefore, be careful of distilled or purified water which can ruin its finish. also, keep in mind, the aluminum is hand buffed and polished. Hence, each base will have its character.
- Simple to Use Controls - Flip on the center power switch to begin heating up the boiler. Two more professional grade rocker switches now let you control the steam function (far left) and the coffee brew control (far right). A series of indicator lights inform you when the machine is powered up, and when it is at the proper temperature for either brewing espresso or frothing milk.
- Temperature Gauge - The front mounted temperature gauge monitors the temperature of the boiler in both coffee mode and steam mode. read in Celsius.
- Frothing Tip for Perfect Foam - Like magic, the wand will make perfect foam. In an instant, the steam wand converts the milk in your 12 or 20 oz. frothing pitcher to lovely foam for lattes and cappuccinos. Mounted on a swivel joint, the stainless steel steam wand conveniently swings aside and clean up is a snap. When frothing milk with this machine, please make sure to have the little hole in the frothing adapter positioned at the top level of the milk. Doing it this way will help aerate the milk froth.
- Quality Brewing Group - The grouphead is made of chrome plated brass. Designed after Ascaso's commercial espresso machines, the Dream UP group head evenly distributes heat and reduces hotspots for more temperature consistent espresso. It has also been designed to evenly distribute water across the coffee grounds for a better extraction.
- Three way solenoid valve - As soon as the coffee switch is turned off, the three way solenoid valve relieves the pressure built up in the grouphead. The pressurized water is reverted to the water reservoir, and this feature allows back-to-back espresso extractions without having to wait for the portafilter handle to lose pressure by itself.
- Heavy Duty Coffee Holders and Filter Baskets - Keeping with the tradition of using only commercial grade components, the Dream UP uses heavy-duty chrome plated brass coffee holders, which feature a rugged plastic handle. The same coffee holder is used for ground coffee and espresso pods. Single shot and double shot 57 mm diameter stainless steel filter baskets are included for ground coffee, and there is a pod basket for single dose ESE pods. The double shot size baskets allow you to use more ground coffee per serving for stronger espresso or cups of coffee.
- 48 oz. Water Tank - The removable water reservoir, equipped with a water level indicator, can be filled while operating or taken out and filled at the faucet. The water reservoir is located in the lower section of the machine right behind the grouphead, and the water reservoir can be removed from the right hand side - just behind the steam wand.
- 16 BAR Water Pump - The secret to a great espresso is a water pump that has the power to force water through the coffee grounds to extract the full flavor from the coffee. No worries here, you have more than enough pressure to extract the best of what your coffee has to offer.
- Drip and Cup Tray, Plus Cup Heater - The Dream UP has a polished stainless steel drip pan and chrome plated steel cup try, both easy to remove and clean. A unique scratch resistant cup-warming surface on the top of the machine lets you keep your espresso cups warm so your freshly brewed espresso does not cool too quickly once it hits the cup.
- Stainless-Lined Aluminum Thermoblock- After years of testing, the aluminum thermoblock with internal stainless steel lining of the water passage ways work remarkably well.
- Construction with Longevity In Mind - The Dream UP body is constructed of corrosion resistant aluminum for extra long life. The aluminum is then finished in a chip resistant enamel paint. Unlike most espresso machines in this class that are made of steel, the Dream UP will not rust thanks to the aluminum body. All of components that make up the construction are designed for long life and low maintenance.
- Instructional manual included: The manual will state that some accessories (i.e. pod handle) are included with the machine. This is a universal worldwide manual that encompasses all different configurations of this machine. Please note that the only accessories included are the ones listed on this web page.
- Accessories: Portafilter with dual spout, pressurized single and double cup filter baskets, single ESE pod basket, plastic tamper, scoop, instructional manual, cappuccino frothing attachment on machine, single hole steam tip, Ascaso coffee wash cleaner, and ground coffee kit (which includes non-pressurized double cup filter basket, adapter, screw and dispersion screen).
- Warranty: Two years parts and labor limited to manufacturer's defect. Three years warranty on grouphead part only limited to manufacturer's defect. Wear and tear items not included.
- Measurements: 9.6" W x 13.6" H x 11" D
- Tamper size: 57mm
- Water tank: 1.3 liters
- Bodywork: Polished Aluminum (colored versions have enamel paint)
- Machine weight with portafilter on: 16.0 lbs.
- Dimensional Shipping Weight: 42 lbs.
- Voltage: 120V
- Power: 1000W
- Pump Pressure: 16 bar
- Coffee thermostat: Boiler 100º / Thermoblock 95º
- Steam thermostat 140º+ Safety Thermofuse
- Steam pipe protector / Cappuccino/hot water pipe
- Brass portafilter holder: 57mm
- Three prong plug
- Manufactured in Barcelona, Spain
We have a 60 day return policy (Starting November 24th, 2017) on espresso machines and grinders designed for home use (exceptions below). If you return within 30 days, you get a full refund minus shipping costs. If you return after 30 days, you get a store credit. Unlike our competitors – this is a 60 day trial period. Most competitors only allow 30 day returns if the product hasn’t been used. Many competitors will also charge expensive restocking fees if you read the fine print. The customer will receive a refund if the item is returned in like new condition, with all accessories that came with it, with all original, undamaged packaging, clean and packaged according to the specifications we provide. If the product is returned in this condition you will receive a full refund (or store credit if over 30 days) minus all shipping costs. We reserve the right to charge a restocking fee as outlined in our terms and conditions if the product is not returned as specified above.
There are the following exceptions to the 60 day return period: La Cimbali Junior Casa, Vesuvius by Ambient, Quick Mill Andreja Profiles, Vibiemme Double Domobar V4, Rocket R60, Rancilio Epoca, parts, accessories and all products listed under the commercial business section, here http://www.espressooutlet.net/commercial-machines/. For these exceptions all sales are final. See our terms and conditions for additional details.
Free shipping with most orders - you must be located in the lower 48 continuous states and there is a minimum order amount of $29. An exception to this is commercial espresso machines and espresso machines that require shipment on a pallet via Less Than a Truckload. This is sometimes included free, but contact us for details.
In stock items that ship via UPS usually ship within 1 to 2 business days. Heavier products such as commercial espresso machines are shipped via freight truck strapped to a pallet and it generally takes 1 to 3 business days to benchtest and arrange shipment. Transit times depend on the distance being shipped, but this map provides a general idea of shipment times in business days for items shipped via UPS. Freight truck shipment usually takes 3 to 8 business days depending on distance.
- 42.00 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout